Your medical degree offers you the ability to develop a career in many exciting specialties. We are thrilled that you are considering becoming a psychiatrist.
Over the next four years, your on-the-job training experiences, mentorship, and individualized education plan will provide the foundation for the rest of your career. Choosing the right residency program is an essential first step in that process.
We offer our residents a rewarding, enriching home to facilitate your interest in becoming a great psychiatrist. At Yale, highlights of some of the things you will experience include:
- Outstanding clinical training in four different systems of care.
- Strong and balanced psychotherapy & biological training.
- Significant depth and level of expertise of faculty in most clinical and academic areas.
- Flexibility in the residency schedule to provide time for academic activities.
- 2nd year three month elective in which you can work on an academic project of your choice, 3rd year 20% of your time can be devoted to academic projects, and 4th year training grants to fund time for academic activities.
- Three Associate Program Directors to provide support, guidance, and help develop mentoring relationships.
- Clear educational core values, with Program Director and Associate Program Directors ensuring the curriculum supporting these values is second to none.
- New Haven, a place with a phenomenal amount of entertainment, cultural, dining, and recreational options.
- Being a part of Yale University where you can meet students in other professional and graduate schools and take advantage of course or degree offerings.
- Globally diverse and friendly faculty and residents.
We look forward to talking with you about how Yale can help you achieve success in this important next stage of your career.
Dr. Robert Rohrbaugh, MD, Program Director
Dr. Esperanza Diaz, MD, Associate Program Director
Dr. David Ross, MD, PhD, Associate Program Director
Dr. Vinod Srihari, MD, Associate Program Director