There are over 88 full time faculty psychologists within the Department of Psychiatry and an additional 109 psychologists serving in part-time clinical faculty roles. Yale faculty members are leaders in the field and in their areas of specialty, as evidenced by their record of grants, publications, awards, and roles in professional organizations and government-sponsored boards and committees.
A large proportion of the faculty psychologists contribute to the Doctoral Internship Program in Clinical and Community Psychology as advisors, supervisors, seminar leaders, and lecturers. Many of these faculty members also offer postdoctoral clinical and research training opportunities. As a group, Psychologists within the Department of Psychiatry are passionate about training the next generation of psychologists and are considered by doctoral fellows to be nurturing and caring mentors.
Psychology Section Leadership
- Rajita Sinha, PhD, Chief, Psychology Section
- Michael Hoge, PhD, Director, Psychology Training, Yale Department of Psychiatry
- Dwain C. Fehon, PsyD, Chief Psychologist, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Steve Martino PhD, Chief of Psychology, VA CT Healthcare System
- Jacob Tebes, PhD, Chief Psychologist, Connecticut Mental Health Center