Judson Alyn Brewer MD/PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry; Medical Director, Yale Therapeutic Neuroscience Clinic
Departments & Organizations
Addiction; Cognitive Control; Mindfulness training; Relapse Prevention; Smoking Cessation; Meditation more...
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2004
- Ph.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.A., Princeton University, 5/1996
- Elwafi, H. M., Witkiewitz, K., Mallik, S., Thornhill, T. A., Brewer, J. A., “Mechanisms of mindfulness training in smoking cessation: moderation of the relationship between craving and cigarette use.” Drug and Alcohol Dependence (in press).
- Brewer, J. A., Davis, J. H., Goldstein, J. (2013) “Why is it so hard to pay attention, or is it? Mindfulness, the factors of awakening and reward-based learning.” Mindfulness 4: 75-80.
- Brewer, J. A., Elwafi, H. M., Davis, J. H. (2012) “Craving to Quit: psychological models and neurobiological mechanisms of mindfulness training as treatment for addictions.” Psychology of Addictive Behaviors (in press).