Brent Moore PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Psychiatry; Research Psychologist (VA)
Departments & Organizations
Automated mobile treatment for chronic disorders including substance abuse, HIV, and chronic pain; Primary care treatment for substance abuse and chronic pain; Implementation research; Addictions; Cannabis dependence; Substance abuse treatment; HIV; Chronic pain more...
- B.S., University of Utah, 1990
- M.S., Western Washington University, 1992
- Ph.D., University of New Mexico, 1998
- Edelman, E.J., Moore, B.A., Caffrey, S., Sikkema, K.J., Jones, E., Paltiel, D., Schottenfeld, R.S., Fiellin, D.A., & Sullivan L.E. (2013). HIV testing and a sexual risk reduction counseling intervention in opioid-dependent patients treated with buprenorphine: A pilot randomized trial. Journal of Addiction Medicine, 7, 140-146.
- Moore, B.A., Fazzino, T., Barry, D.T., Cutter, C.J., Schottenfeld, R.S., Fiellin, D.A., & Ball, S. (2013). The Recovery Line: A pilot trial of automated, telephone-based treatment for continued drug use in methadone maintenance. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 45, 63-69. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsat.2012.12.011 PMID:23375114 PMCID: In process.
- Barry, D.T., Savant, J., Beitel, M., Cutter, C.J., Moore, B.A., Schottenfeld, R.S., & Fiellin, D.A. (2013). Pain and associated substance use among opioid dependent individuals seeking office-based treatment with buprenorphine-naloxone: A needs assessment study. American Journal on Addictions. DOI: 10.1111/j.1521-0391.2013.00327.x