Joan M. Cook PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
Traumatic stress; Geriatric mental health; Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based practices more...
- M.S., Nova Southeastern University, 1995
- Ph.D. Clin, Nova Southeastern University, 1999
- Cook, J. M., Dinnen, S., Thompson, R., Simiola, V., & Schnurr, P. P. (2014). Changes in implementation of two evidence-based psychotherapies for PTSD in VA residential treatment programs: A national investigation. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 27, 137-143.
- Cook, J. M., Newman, E., & the New Haven Trauma Competency Work Group. (2014). A consensus statement on trauma mental health: The New Haven Competency Conference process and major findings. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice and Policy, 6, 300-307.
- Cook, J.M., Pilver, C., Dinnen, S., Schnurr, P.P., & Hoff, R. (2013). Prevalence of physical and sexual assault and mental health disorders in older women: Findings from a nationally representative sample. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 21, 877-886.