John W Mason MD
Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
- AB, Indiana University, 1944
- M.D., Indiana State University, 1947
- M.A., (hon.) Yale University, 1977
- Mason J, Wang S, Yehuda R, Lubin H, Johnson D, Bremner JD, Riney S, Charney D, Southwick, S. Marked lability in urinary cortisol levels in sub-groups of combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder in an intensive exposure treatment program. Psychosomatic Medicine, 64:238-246, 2002
- Mason J, Wang S, Yehuda R, Riney S, Charney D, Southwick S. Psychogenic lowering of urinary cortisol levels linked to emotional numbing and a shame-depressive syndrome in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine, 63 (3):387-401, 2001.
- Mason J, Southwick S, Yehuda R, Wang S, Riney S, Bremner D, Johnson D, Lubin, H, Blake D, Zhou G, Gusman F, Charney D. Elevation of serum free triiodothyronine, total triiodothyronine, thyroxine-binding globulin and total thyroxine levels in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry 51:629-641, 1994.